This is absolutely NATURAL!!! A GREAT GIFT OF NATURE African Shea butter is a natural paste extracted from the nut (fruit) of the African Shea tree found mainly in Western Africa. It contains a rich amount of irremovable fatty acid which renders it far superior to Cocoa Butter and other natural vegetable butters. This fatty acid is crucial to rejuvenating and moisturizing the skin. Shea butter provides all essential vitamins needed to make the skin look and feel smoother, softer and most importantly healthier. Its therapeutic properties protect the skin from wind, cold,sun and it helps heal wounds faster. Shea butter stimulates cellular activity, fights the effects of aging and repairs rough, damaged skin. When pure and unrefined, it has a yellowish texture and gives out a nutty fragrance. Shea butter is most extensively used all over the world for its proven moisturizing and healing properties. In order to get the most benefit it is best to use it unrefined as it loses some of its key healing properties during the refining process.
USES OF SHEA BUTTER
1. Dry skin, eczema, infant eczema, Rashes
2. Treats dark spots, stretch mark , burns, lessens the irritation in psoriasis, wrinkles, blemishes, Diaper rash, scars & skin discolorations.
3. Moisturizes and Heals Skin – relieves symptoms of extreme dryness, eczema, dermatitis and skin allergies
4. Anti-inflammatory Properties – Provides Pain relief from swelling and arthritis.
5. In Nigeria, Shea butter (popularly called Ori in Yoruba) is used for the management of sinusitis and relief of nasal congestion. This is due to its hydrating properties which help in relaxing the tension in the facial skin, thus easing respiration.
6. Improves muscle relaxation and stiffness in joint aches/arthritis.
7. Strengthens Cuticles and Nails
8. Hair conditioner for dry and brittle hair.
9. Used for Chapped lips.
10. Used as a sun blocking lotion. Protects With a Natural Sunscreen (due to its rich content of vitamin E and D).It reduce the effects of UV damage on the skin.